05 December 2017

The Promises of Christmas ~ Hershey’s Kisses

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

I realize that this is not the first thing that comes to mind when we think about Christmas.  For me, however, it is one of those advertisements that brings a smile to my face.  It also is one of those things that unwraps my spirit when I first see it. 

If you do not know what I mean it is the add that has Hershey’s Kisses in the shape of a Christmas tree playing “We Wish you a Merry Christmas” as if they are bells.  It is twenty-seven seconds of simple sweetness.  The details are worth watching. 

In this simple chocolate advertisement is the promise of a simple wish.  Wishing one a “Merry Christmas” is a promise in itself.  It is the promise that I desire for you to have a Christmas that is merry.  I desire good things for you.  Some people have decided that this wish is exclusive or offensive.  Perhaps they think those of us who say it “should be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.”

In truth, I wish that everyone would have a Merry Christmas.  The literal meaning of “Christmas” is the celebration of Christ, or the celebration of “The Anointed One”.  If I could work my will everyone would know the love and joy of Christ without the burdens that his followers try to attach to it. 

A promise of Christmas is the sweetness that we associate with chocolate. It is those moments of bliss that sustain us on the journey.  I think what it would be like if we gave Jesus the love and devotion that some give to chocolate.  I wish this for every human.  I wish them to have it freely and not have it imposed upon them. 

I truly wish you a delightful and merry Christmas.  I do so without demanding any pudding.  Perhaps the chocolate can remind you. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment