17 December 2017

The Promises of Christmas ~ Joy

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Yesterday I was privileged to participate in helping someone feel great joy.  To me there is little that is better.  This person had a genuine life need and I watched this person's friends and family band together to meet that need. 

At Christmas time the promise of joy is there.  We find it best when we get to reveal or create it in others.  My joy is best lived when I look outward to bring joy to others.  I am most joyous when the lives of others are enriched.

I have needs.  I have wants.  It is not my place to worry over my needs or dwell on my wants.  When I invest my heart and mind in the joy of others my difficulties seem to diminish.  Their ability to distract me from good weakens.

The promise of Christmas is joy is that it will be there.  It is up to me to find it in others and revel in it.  In this I can see the working out of the promises of Christmas.  I can carry this all year if I choose to do so.  Good tiding of great joy are for all people.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment