22 December 2017

The Promises of Christmas ~ The Spirit

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Yesterday I came upon a shop clerk who I know from constant custom in her shop.  She looked weary and stressed.  When I inquired as to how she was doing she offered that she was three hours past her time to be done for the day.  She then related that she has things she needed to do to be ready for Christmas.

I felt a rush of compassion and asked if I could run any errands for her.  I only have a couple of things left to do and there is no pressure for me.  Her response was to start crying.  She asked if I could go pick up something important for her and bring it back to the shop.  I was glad to do it. 

The promise of Christmas is that if you invest your spirit in the lives of others you will get genuine opportunities to be kind to them.  When I returned with her item she had thought through that she had asked a customer to run an errand for her.  She felt embarrassed.  I explained that I was honored to be able to gift her with help in the Spirit of Christmas.

We have this opportunity to invest in the spirit of Christmas.   The promise is that if we do we can build the level of selflessness and kindness in the world.  We are allowed to be a part of something grand and immense.  In that there is the promise that we find the spirit growing in us. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment