10 January 2018

A Million Dreams ~ Any Dream Will Do

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we think about our dreams do we really consider that we are allowed to envision things that others will think foolish?  Do we dare to dream still?  Sometimes we are so beaten down by life that we are afraid to dream.  We are short on hope.

Sometimes when my dreams feel foolish to me I start with the small ones.  I recall the dreams that have come true.  I remember also that there is a formula.  Yes, there is a formula for those who follow Christ for making their dreams come true.

“Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart.”

There are at least two ways to look at this.  The first is see it as a promise to give you what your heart desires.  It is obvious that God cares about this.  In the Law he required that his people spend ten percent of their annual income on “whatever their heart desired.”  If, therefore, we delight our lives in the Lord he will give us what we desire.

The second possibility is that it is a promise to put the desires in our heart that should be there.  It hinges on the word “give”.   Then again, I also believe that God is willing and able to do far above what I can imagine.  I want him to do both.  I want him to put the right dreams in my heart and then help me reach them.  Because of that I am doing the following:

I work daily to assure that my delight is based in God.  By this I mean remembering that he is enough even if I have nothing else.
I work to find honest income using the skills I have been given.
I pursue my dreams by working towards them daily.
I let my dreams be attuned to my pursuit of being delighted in the Lord.

If that seems circular I would submit that it is an upward spiral of refinement.  There was a time when my dream was to be a professional baseball pitcher.  I had to refine that dream and the delight is that I love sharing baseball and its many life lessons with my family. 

If I focus on Christ and being delighted to follow him then my dreams will fall in line with that.  I can start with any dream and bring it in line with this as my primary guide.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment