13 January 2018

A Million Dreams ~ Impossible Dreams

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have loved the story of The Man of La Mancha since I was a boy.  One of the first songs I ever sang in front of an audience was The Impossible Dream.   I think that at that young age I realized that I would be chasing impossible dreams my entire life. 

People are going to tell you your dreams are impossible.  They are going to demand that you explain how they will work long before you have worked out the answers.  That is not how it works. 

Dreams are not things for which one can lay out blueprints.  Sometimes all you have is an idea.  Every book I have written begins with a question ask by someone else or posited by my own musings.  The point is that you know your dream and only you can give it hands and feet.  Only you can give it life.

You may need help.  You might have to get others to drink a little of your Kool aide.   You might have to work hard at things you hate to get to the things you love.  You may have to be called crazy, foolish, and be abandoned by the visionless.  Don’t let anyone else tell you what you can or cannot become. 

I was told by a second-grade teacher that I could be a writer if I wished to be one.  She planted the seed of that dream in good soil.  I have dreams that have the label “impossible” affixed to them by others.  They once affixed that label to flight and landing on the moon.  They affix that label to the things that are not normal.

Following Christ, however, requires us to embrace impossible dreams.  It demands that we see the possibility of life in death.  It insists that we give our all to this journey through the dead lands to that undiscovered country.  If the one I follow can do this, then my paltry impossible dreams are easy for him.

The Impossible Dream – Jim Nabors

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment