20 January 2018

Anti-Social Media ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I read through my differing media sources I consider the volume of hatred that is spewed across it.  It is difficult to find honest news sources.  If you think any of the mainstream ones are not biased you might wish to look a little deeper.

It is not wrong for us to discuss the issues of the day in our social media.  It is not the place to spill our vitriol and hatred.  It takes so very much energy to hate.  It also solves nothing.  I have friends that I love dearly whom I see screaming their hatred for this or that person or issue.  It saddens me to see their precious energy spent on this instead of the great good they can and often do in the world.

The true application for me is to never hate anyone for any reason.  It is not my place to judge, condemn, or revile anyone.  I will disagree politely when I think differently.  I will not engage in anger and hatred.  Disagreement does not equal hatred, prejudice, or a phobia.  Holding the position that it does is neither honest nor tolerant.

Whether you consider your position to be right or left it is never tolerant to hate.  It is never a signal that I am correct when I choose anger or hatred over love and compassion.  Christ reserved his anger for those who believed they had the high ground and used it to look down on others. 

Only through loving humility can I hope to reflect what is true.  I will speak what I believe to be true but I will strive to do so with love and compassion.  I will hope always to assure that as I examine my own life that I can weed out anything that is not a reflection of the love of Christ.  Next up will be an issue that I have addressed briefly in the past.  I feel the need to fight off anger in it.  I hope you join me Dear Reader. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment