18 January 2018

Anti-Social Media ~ Popular Pejoratives

Greetings Dear Reader,

In the discussion thus far, we have talked about anonymity and integrity.  One of the elements one must consider is that of launching pejoratives without considering the impact to your target.  Or even if you feel that the target deserves the impact perhaps one should consider if it is right to launch such things.

It is easy to get a laugh or drip some venom at the expense of others.  It is a great way to gain popularity in the tribe.  It is even legal as long as one avoids slander or defamation.  I am seeking a higher plane of thinking.

Whether we like it or not, we are required to love our enemies.  We are obligated to love and pray for our political leaders (yes even him [whomever “him” is to you]).   I dislike the words and work of most of our politicians.  I know that there is corruption and scandal.  There is in almost every endeavor. 

None of this allows me to launch insults, accusations, and hatred at anyone.  Nothing permits me to speculate publicly about someone’s character.  Nothing allows me to reject someone based on hearsay.  It saddens me when others I love and respect participate in the popular hatred of someone. 

I understand that we will not always agree.  What I cannot understand is where our decency and respect have gone.  We need to respect our leaders even when we disagree with them.  We can demand that they act properly and fire them if they do not.  All we accomplish with running pejoratives is to foster division and hatred. 

I must love everyone. I must not launch insults at anyone no matter how heinous I find their actions.  My obligation is to love, pray, and work for what I believe is correct in that spirit.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment