02 January 2018

Lead versus Driven ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

John 3:8 (NIV) The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

I have long pondered what it means to be driven by the Spirit of God.  If one considers the metaphor of wind used here many images spring to mind.  I consider autumn leaves driven before the first October chills.  I recall seeing snow falling sideways.  I see clearly the full sails of a Windjammer speeding through the Caribbean. 

The idea is that the wind takes us somewhere.  The Spirit of God takes us where we are going.  In a world where we are tied to calendars and schedules the idea of being driven without controlling the steerage is frightening and challenging.

If I am meant to be like this I must consider how that fits into my daily ventures.  I must reconcile this thinking with following Christ and walking the narrow way.  If this idea of being like the wind is an image of being born of the Spirit then I must consider how to employ it. 

I will ponder for a bit how to actualize the metaphor.   How do I keep to my responsibilities and become driven by the Spirit?  I must find a way to do what is right in both areas.  I must hone my ability to be both driven and lead.  Sail with me a bit Dear Reader and let me know your thoughts.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment