05 January 2018

Lead versus Driven ~ Story Fodder

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a writer so many things clamor to be included in my daily musings.  Some even demand to be put into a short story or add a novel to the “yet to be written” list (that list is currently at 53).  The real world is a constant stream of input that I strive to capture without being detached from the actual events in which I am involved.

In my hours of driving yesterday I used my phone to record ideas.  For those of you worried about my safe driving, only verbal commands were used.  On the way there I recorded thoughts on traffic, the countryside, and changes in the landscape of a road I have not driven in 20 years.

On the return journey my thoughts were on the grieving family and my joy at seeing my dear friends. There are also observations to be recorded to serve as fodder for my blank page. "How we face death is at least as important as how we face life."  I also spent a good deal of time praying for J, L, and their son.

Someone called me and told me I was foolish for driving six hours to spend two with them.  I told her she was foolish for thinking that it was not worth it.  This family is not related to me but is still family to me.   

More importantly, I was driven to drive there.  I was moved to go to them and my journey was necessary because I want to be driven.  The lesson for me is that there are times where I know what I MUST do even when I do not know why.  I love J and L deeply.  It is worth the journey always to bring a smile to the eyes of the grieving. 

Being driven means I will not always understand but that I will become more attuned to that voice that drives me.  One cannot ignore that voice and live by faith.  It is faith that the voice demands.  In that demand he also promises to take care of us in the journey.  Sometimes he even provides a yard full of Santas to make us smile for a while.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment