29 January 2018

Say Something ~ Compliments

Greetings Dear Reader,

My Daughter, Christmas has a practice that I love.  When we are out and about she will see someone in something she really likes.  Or she will notice a hairstyle on someone that appeals to her. 

She will politely approach the person and compliment him or her on the item, the hairstyle, or the look.  I have seen so many faces light up to her kind words.  She has even made a friend or two from the practice. 

What she infuses into those lives cannot be measured.  For a moment, however, we can see the smile, the gratitude, and bridge between two strangers.  There is true magic in those moments.  When I get to witness it the magic reaches me.  She raises my spirits.  I see the love of Christ in my Daughter’s actions.

I have found ways to adopt this practice realizing that I must be more careful to assure that the space is safe for the strangers I approach.  Still the risk is always worth it.  Saying something kind to recognize a person’s efforts to look nice is a good thing.  It is not what matters most and should not be our focus. 

Still the unexpected kindness of strangers is a great way to build bridges and create space for peace.  Say something.  Tell people when they look nice.   Be kind to others when they do not expect it.  You may never know what difference you make but I know it makes a difference.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment