15 January 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Division in the Dream

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you, Dear Reader.

As I consider Martin Luther King Day for 2017, I wonder what Dr. King would think of the state of his dream.  We talk about the fact that he gave his life for freedom.  My concern is that we have forgotten that he did not intend to die.  His intent was to establish love, respect, and the quality among all people in our nation. 

I would not dare to speak to nor could I begin to understand how it feels two be respected or mistreated simply because of the color of my skin.  What I do recognize is a lack of love, kindness, and justice when I see it.  We live a in world where we hang onto anger, disrespect each other, and put our issues ahead of love and peace.  There can be no peace when any class of people is treated unjustly.  There can be no harm any when we’re all shouting about our own agenda.  It seems that every side of every issue is bent on shouting down the other side without really listening.

I think that if we want to honor Dr. King’s dream, we must again by returning to the fundamental principles of love and respect for all human beings.  If we cannot do this we cannot build the content of character it teaches us to ignore the color of one’s skin.  

Jesus made it very clear that every human matters. We cannot get to the dream if we do not learn to truly love and respect each other.  We do not have to agree on everything but the fundamentals of love, kindness, and respect our vital to producing good society.  I think that Dr. King would be saddened by the division that haunts our whole country.  I think he would look at us with that strong soulful look require that we lay aside our differences and learn to live together in peace.

I am required to love my enemies, my neighbors, and anyone that disagrees with me.  I cannot profess to follow Christ if I do not love you no matter what you think of me.  I think we should spend more time listening to everything Dr. King had to say and less time thinking about his death.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment