09 January 2018

Second Thoughts ~ The Greatest Showman: A Review

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

As I mentioned before I recently saw The Greatest Showman; the story P. T. Barnum.  I expected the movie to be a good one.  It included Hugh Jackman and was a musical.  He has already proven himself in this genre and I was curious about how the movie would approach the story.

I felt that the quality and timing of the music was equal to Mulan Rouge.  The story captivated me by the quality of the music.  As stories go there is not much there but the simplicity may be what makes it great. It may be what makes it transcendent to us all. 

SPOILIERS AHEAD

The story takes us from the boy to the man.  He shows us how he builds his dreams with the girl he loves doing the things he loves.  To their credit the producers avoided the tawdry seamy things are expected.  This avoidance lends to the enjoyment and the drama of the film.

Even the tragic moments of the film are bolstered by hope and optimism.  The growth of the circus and the characters leads us down the path of one mans dreams and the permission to dream and build in the same way.  Even when everything burns he starts over and dreams again.  I was very inspired.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment