27 January 2018

The Barefoot Princess and Her Boys

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am not going to call out my friend by name.  I do want to use her choice as an example of the great good that can be done when someone puts love and faith ahead of ambition and plans.  I have known this person for twenty years.  Her choices did not surprise me.

Some time ago her family needed help.  Two young boys needed a safe and stable home.  The reasons do not matter as much as the response.  This intelligent single adult with a career path clearly marked for her set all that aside to take in these boys.  She has used her savings, limited her work options, and lost a relationship to assure that these young men are safe and loved.

As I consider the difficulties with which I struggle they fade when I think of the daily challenges she faces.  She has the education and skills to be the perfect nurturer for these boys.  Further she has the faith and courage to take it on and see it through. 

We all have these moments when we get to do something great for the lives of others.  I want to ask you all to look into your hearts and find a way to follow her example.  To rightly love others, we must be willing to risk great things.  We must put our agenda, our plans second to genuine need. 

Her nickname is Barefoot Princess because of her aversion to shoes and her life being spent as an example of a Daughter of the King.  I must learn from her example and risk everything to show love to others.  I must not put my plans in any situation ahead of love and kindness.  If I let the Father determine the agenda things will unfold as they should. Thank you, Barefoot Princess, for your love, grace, and wisdom.  It is an example to anyone willing to learn.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment