26 January 2018

Toddler Words ~ Something Light for your Friday

Greetings Dear Reader,

After the very serious subject this week I need to breathe a little.  I will always deal with what I must to focus my walk with Christ.  Sometimes it is good to revel in the beauty, awe, and humor in the world.

One of the things that endears me to children is the way in which they talk.  They make up words, can be intriguingly honest, and observe things from a perspective we have forgotten.  There are words made up by my sons when growing up that we still use.  I hope this brings a smile to your face.

When Bezel, my youngest Son was three he was the king of new words.  Instead of Yesterday he would say “Lasterday”.  We still say this at times.  He uses it on me when I am tense because he knows it makes me smile.

My eldest, Maxim, used to say “Liddle” instead of Little.  He always moved his thumb and finger back and forth to illustrate his point.  When my Grandsons were born we found ourselves repeating this to them. 

My eldest Grandson called the number Seven, “Sedna” for a couple of years.  We all said it that way too.  We still do at times.  One of the other words he gave us was his version of Banana.  It was “Moonanna”, which I will likely use for life.  He has recently explained that a banana looks like the moon.  How can one disagree with that logic?

I am sure you have similar stories Dear Reader.  It is in this humor that I find one of the facets of the beauty of children.    I would be honored, Dear Reader if you would share some of your “toddler words” in the comments.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment