18 February 2018

Café Comments ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Gone are the days of the market and small village shops.  We still have diners, taverns, and coffee shops.  In these places we find our common custom houses.  In these we find the regular attenders, well known servers, and random acquaintances. 

It is here as well that we can find good people who will share with us good conversation.  We can easily find common ground or verbal fencing if needed.  The ills of the world can be codified and sorted over a cappuccino and a scone. 

For me, however, the value is in knowing and understanding the people. It is in seeing that there is no one in the place who does not have some unique feature that enriches the world.  I constantly learn from each person I observe.

At times I am even given opportunity to be kind to others.  I am allowed to cross that barrier from the unknown to the known; from stranger to at least acquaintance and sometimes even friend.

In a world where our electronics and lives tend to isolate us from each other this is an oasis.  There is opportunity to live my faith by being observant and available.  There is the chance to be there for others and show them that I care.

It also serves to keep me from getting too far inside my own head.  I must always be aware of the world outside of the many dramas that dance through my writer’s mind.  Focusing on real people in a real place with real needs does this.  We must move on to other matters Dear Reader.  Thank you for sharing my table for this one.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment