04 March 2018

Love They Neighbor Revisited ~ So Very Basic


Greetings Dear Reader,

It could be that at times I oversimplify things.  I know that at times I also overcomplicate them.  In this instance it may be that the answers are very basic and that all our responses do is muddy the water and hinder action.

When we struggle with forgiveness we wonder how often we have to forgive someone.  We want to find the place where we can stop being forgiving more than we want to love others.  That means that the problem is us.

We are often given opportunities to be good to others.  Instead we serve our own interests.   We put our agenda ahead of being good to others.  We make choices for our own interests.  We make up reasons not to keep our commitments both small and large.  What we assure in the moment of asking becomes murky when it is time to act.  What we promise becomes a choice in our mind and we refuse to keep our word.

All of this is a failure to love each other.  It is really true that when we do these things we are saying, “I love my own interest more than I love you.”  I may want to do things for my own needs.  That is not always wrong but my primary responsibility is not my needs but, rather, the needs of others.

We immediately ponder that our needs will not get met.  If everyone stopped focusing on their own interests and truly saw and met the needs of others it would become something amazing.  I cannot be the one who says, “they may not reach out to me so I will not reach out for them.” 

I must take the first step.  I must risk it every time so that others can risk it as well.  It is not in this that we find our reclamation.  It is in this that we know we have been reclaimed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment