28 March 2018

What’s the Buzz ~ Holy Week 2018 ~ What’s Your Price?


Greetings Dear Reader,

Through my years as a professor I have had occasion where students offered to bribe me for a grade.  I would respond with this: “I am not foolish enough to believe that I do not have a price.  I do have one.  If, however, you could afford it you would not be in school here.”

We all have a price.  Mine is high enough that no one can afford it.  Today is called Spy Wednesday.  It is the day that we think that Judas met with the Sanhedrin to arrange to hand over Jesus to them.  Most use the word betrayal.  I have written about this and have a novel in the works that maps out my thoughts about Judas.

Just yesterday Jesus reminds us of the vast need for faith and forgiveness.  I wonder if we have all forgiven Judas.  I wonder if we understand that his price was not that much different than ours.   I may be hard to buy as a teacher but I have sold other aspects of honor and truth in the past far too cheaply to judge anyone.

My sin is no less or greater than his.  My failures make me just as guilty.  I must approach the cross and the resurrection with full honesty that I am as bad as Judas when it comes to sin.  So are you Dear Reader.  We are all guilty of handing over Christ for something.

I must leave behind the things that I value more than my place with Christ.  I must abandon the things that I treasure that are not connected to the Gospel.  In any moment I can be tested in this. The practice of doing well and faith will see me through the moment.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment