15 April 2018

Creation, Recreation, and Procreation ~ Creation Part 1


Greetings Dear Reader,

In response to my pondering yesterday our Wisconsin Spring saw a few inches of snow and ice grace our mid-April morning.   As I gaze out my window it looks more like winter than spring.   It is beautiful but my social feed is filled with those bemoaning the apparent lateness of warmth and access to outdoor activities so longed for by those who have come through the long winter.

I try to take the approach that God never gets the weather wrong.  We may not get the weather we want but the weather we get is what we are supposed to have.  I look for the beauty in the weather that is there.  The sea of ice and snow on my lawn is lovely.  It may be fleeting because temperatures will rise before the new week is out.  It is still something I can value if I choose to see it for what it is instead of for what it is not,

Perhaps that is the life key for me that is held in the weather.  All of creation moves as it does.  I cannot control any of it.  I can find beauty in it if I choose to look for it.  I can obtain a perspective that the world unfolds as it should.  I must find the good, the beauty, and the moments of grace in that unfolding.  They are always there.  In finding them I can more easily see the path to following Christ.  In that there is complete beauty no matter what the weather.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16/4/18 03:15

    God is good in all things even when things are so dim. I know the weather has been effecting many people and as you said God never gets the weather wrong. But he also even if your feeling down with the weather God is still there and good and there is always a good reason. We need to look for the good. Sometimes we can't see it sometimes we have to wait to see it, but it's there.

    ReplyDelete