16 April 2018

Creation, Recreation, and Procreation ~ Recreation Part 1


Greetings Dear Reader,

We are supposed to do things.  Some of us are more sedentary than others.  No matter what form of activity best suits you, there is a level of activity required for us to remain healthy.  Beyond that, we are supposed to renew who we are through rest and leisure activity. 

This activity that we call recreation is better viewed as RE-creation.  We recharge our batteries.  We reclaim our passions.  We find the paths to things we enjoy.  If we focus on it we can find the thing that recreates us daily.  If we try we may be able to make that thing sustain us.

Creation is renewed in the seasons.  It is reborn as the cycle of life churns through the cosmos.  When we take the time to recreate ourselves we can purge that which is harmful and embrace that which is beneficial.  We can do this mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually.  The thing is that we have to choose.  Not choosing is choosing to remain the same or to decay.

Writing re-creates me.  I do it every day.  I have not missed a day in almost two thousand days.  Over time I can see the cumulative impact on my mind and spirit.  I can see how much it helps me to focus on what is good and right.  It aids me to process how to be more loving and kind. 

I must recreate my life daily and then use as much life as I have for that day.  I must use it to make things a little better than they were yesterday.  I must use the anticipation of recreation as a generator of hope for tomorrow.  Eventually it will all be re-created.  Eventually it will all be good again.  For now, I must take my place as a sub-creator and do my best to re-create the world in good ways.  This is part of the essence of following Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment