19 April 2018

Creation, Recreation, and Procreation ~ Recreation Part 2


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the goals I work at daily is moving my avocation to the place of my vocation.  The primary reason is that it is what I do well.  It is what I love to do as well.  This is key to using work as RE-creation. 

When I write it allows me to process and purge.  The darker facets of my being can find expression in the less savory things my characters do.  I can imagine worlds and dismiss them without guile or guilt.  I find that even in the fictional expression of these things I am always chasing a way for there to be peace.  I am always after a loving resolution.  Even my worst creations have something of value in them that I wish to redeem.

When I write it is recreation as I am at play with my own creations.  I am enjoying their lives.  I must always remember that I have a responsibility to them.  They must have a chance at redemption if I am to be good and just.  My understanding of my characters allows me to filter real life through this process so that I can learn to treat others better.

When we can bridge the gap between work and recreation by making what we love also our work we can gain richer lives.  We can fulfill our role as creators by turning work into recreation.  I have met people who love jobs that I would never wish to work.  I have encountered people who do thankless work that fulfills them.  It is in embracing that we need to chase the vocation that is our passion that we can learn to be truly fulfilled as humans.

I must keep doing what I am created to do and trust that the Father will provide for my needs.  I do not seek fame, but I have stories to tell.  I have to find ways to contribute to the great story with my smaller ones.  A good day of writing leaves me recharged and ready to find ways to be good to others.  The solitude of the writing desk makes me long for the company of my fellow travelers.  I can see in it the balance that we are meant to have in all of life.  What do you long to do Dear Reader?  What are you doing to pursue that?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment