11 April 2018

I Can Only Imagine ~ Father and Son


Greetings Dear Reader,

With the exception of Holy Week and Christmas my posts are rarely planned more than a week in advance.  I want the writing to be an honest reflection of my current journey with Christ.  This allows for life to interact with the thinking I am processing.

This happened in an interesting juxtaposition yesterday.  My younger Son called to chat and we began talking about the real essence of the Gospel.  His intelligence and ability to articulate things is beautiful.

It put me in mind of what I imagine it must have been like for the Father to part with the Son.  I love my Sons dearly.  Being away from them is always difficult for me.  Enjoying things with them keeps me spirited and alive.  It brings me back to thinking about the relationship between the Father and the Son.

In case you do not see the understanding of God behind it, the Father and Son are two manifestations of one God.  They have been that way always.  They act in harmony and always share everything.  They created the world together.  They saw the thing that was good unfold into being not good. 

Then the plan came into reality.  In the fullness of time the Son departed from the Father to live with us for a space.  He showed us how to live out love for the Father and for each other.  Then what is arguably the darkest moment of all history came.  The Father allowed the weight of all wrong that will ever be done to rest on his Son so that we could be redeemed. 

I cannot imagine sacrificing my Sons for anyone.  What pain it must be to see your Son falsely accused and condemned, beaten and killed by the very people he came to rescue.  For years we have heaped all manner of conditions on top of this act.  We have added baggage to the Gospel and been bad examples.

It really is this simple:  The Father allowed the sacrifice of his Son to redeem us from our own failures.  All he asks of us is that we accept this sacrifice by faith.  All he wants is for us to love him and each other.  What it felt like to give so much I cannot understand.  He did it knowing he would still have people malign and reject him.  All he asks that we act out of love and we reject and abuse him further.  How that hurts, I can only imagine.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment