09 April 2018

I Can Only Imagine ~ That Undiscovered Country


Greetings Dear Reader,

It is one of those questions that plagues us almost as soon as we begin to reason.  What happens when we die?  I am not foolish enough to attempt to answer it.  I know that we have specific promises.  None of them, however, maps out the forever part of things.

As I mentioned yesterday, I know that it will be far beyond anything we can imagine.  That is part of the promise.  That is not enough for some people.  I simply try to imagine more beautiful things every time I think about it.

Then there are the people who think they know.  They describe cities and mansions.  Some even go so far as to build a system of merits, rewards, and crowns based on minimal evidence and grand conjecture.  None of this is beneficial.  We are not supposed to know the whole story.  We are supposed to follow Christ home in faith.

We are on a journey of discovery.  We are following someone who knows the answers and holds out love and hope for us.  We are not promised all the answers until we get home.  We are promised home.  We are promised to know as deeply as we are known.

As a ground rule for this discussion I promise not to offer anything as an answer that is not guaranteed by Jesus.  The point is that we will be with him.  Faith will no longer be necessary.  Just typing that brings joyful tears to my eyes.  Even though I find the faith part of following easy, I long for the time when it is no longer required. 

Hope will not be a part of things any more either.  Our hope of home, peace, and love will be realized.  The world will be good again.  Things will be as they are supposed to be for us.

The point of an undiscovered country to journey there to discover it.  There is joy in that journey but it is nothing compared to what will be when we arrive.  When I get world weary I ponder this.  Not in a negative or destructive way, but in a hopeful, faithful, positive vein I ponder what Christ is leading us to.   How beautiful and fulfilling will it be?  I can only imagine.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/4/18 02:08

    This here each day the sun rises is our journey. And we take it for granted. You're right we can't and are not following a person with the answer... the only thing we should be following on this journey is Christ and Gods word and faith in the promise at the end of THIS JOURNEY... for when we get there we get to start a new journey in His kingdom.. I am working on this journey now swaying the next.

    ReplyDelete