27 April 2018

Injustice Collectors ~ Easily Offended


Greetings Dear Reader,

I grew up in a culture where one did not dare to show when one was offended.  It was not polite.  As a young adult my response to that was to be offended by everything and let everyone know about it.

By grace and discipline, I have learned that being offended is a choice.  I have also learned that most of things that try to offend me are a matter of my own pride or prejudice.  I tell people who worry about my being offended that I am easily embarrassed but difficult to offend.

We are not supposed to be easily offended.  Taking up offenses is just another way of controlling others and collecting injustices.  The power of this control is dangerous and wrong.  I am supposed to respect the sensibilities of the weak but not required to do so for the manipulative.

Being easily offended is also a form of judgment.  It says that I deem your actions unacceptable and choose my standards over your freedom.  It says that you must cater to my feelings even if it tramples on your liberty.  Again, I must respect the needs of the weak but am not required to cater to the control of the whiney. 

I realize that these are strong words.  I understand that I may be trampling on some tender toes.  I choose to speak the truth.  I choose not to be easily offended and to love those who do things that are offensive.  I expect the same of others.  We miss so much good when we wander the world looking for the next thing that will offend us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment