22 April 2018

Injustice Collectors ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have been watching a weekly television show from the mid-sixties.  For those pondering it, I am not speaking of Star Trek.  I will reveal what show it is later in this journey.

One of the lead characters observed that someone is offended and harmed by everything yet takes no responsibility for the ways in which they offend and harm others.  She called this person an “Injustice Collector.”  This brought to mind the depth to which our society has become populated with cries of injustice over so many trivial and mundane things.

I am not suggesting that there are not real injustices that need to be addressed.  What concerns me is the way in which some cry injustice over things that need not be elevated to that level.  We seem to have lost the understanding of how to talk to each other and settle our differences.

There is also the larger problem of people who make their lives about collecting injustices for others.  From “ambulance chasing” to politicizing personal tragedy we have people who capitalize on the problems of others for their own purposes.  Worse still are those who spread discord and even hatred in the name of justice, fairness, or equality. 

What I must do is measure where the lines are.  Knowledge of balance in this will allow me to accurately work toward peace and justice without wasting energy and time.  It will give me perspective so that I do not try to climb mountains created from mole hills.  Please keep me company as I try to navigate standards for what is the proper application of justice and what is simple the collecting of injustices.  As is always the case, your thoughts and questions are just and appreciated Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment