25 April 2018

Injustice Collectors ~ Twisted Words

Greetings Dear Reader,

To be very clear I am not expressing approval or disapproval of President Trump.  I do take issue with the current fervor of his words being twisted for political ammunition.  It is a symptom of a larger ill in our culture.  If we look honestly at what is being done we have all walked through this brier patch with someone.

The President is in talks with the North Korean leader trying to make us all a little safer.  He said, “I believe he is acting honorably” in context of the talks they are having.  If the man is being open and honest about the needs of his people then that is a good and accurate thing to say. 

The news reports various political figures twisting his words to say that the President is calling Kim Jong Un an honorable man.  This is not what he said or implied.  To infer that is what President Trump is saying is dishonest and foolish.  It weakens one’s position to use lies to defend it or to attack another.

We have all been through this.  We say to someone, “It is selfish to take all the cookies.”  The person accuses us of calling him or her selfish.  A single act does not define a person.  If I act greedy and take all the cookies that does not make me a greedy person but I have acted in a greedy manner.  If it is a pattern then perhaps I am a greedy person.

This type of false communication feeds the offense engine.  If I lie and say something inflammatory about someone else then I am fueling the cause of injustice collectors.  I think we need to take a very hard look at our integrity as a people.  I am not calling anyone dishonest.  I am saying that we do not demand honesty in all things from our leaders. 

In following Christ, I am required to seek the truth always.  I must not feed injustice by being dishonest with my treatment of others.  I can view things and have opinions.  If I speak ill of another then I am crossing the line.  If I twist a person’s words to advance my own cause, I am the one with a problem.

Freedom is found in truth, honesty, and integrity.  That simple thing is what keeps me following Christ.  I will leave you with the words of Larry Norman.

Politicians all makes speeches,
And the newsmen all take notes,
And they exaggerate the issues,
As they shove them down our throats.
Is it really up to them whether this country sinks or floats?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment