02 April 2018

Memories and Forgiveness ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all possess both good and unpleasant memories.  The good ones can cause us to smile, laugh, or sit in reverie for a long time recalling some adventure or celebration.  There are people with whom we associate memories both good and bad.

We use pictures, video, and music to cement some memories into our lives.  We sometimes build shrines and memorials to things we wish remembered.  I have a collection of talismans on my book shelves to remind of things that are deeply important to me.

I also have too many unpleasant memories to process.  Most of these are associated with people and events involving those people. These are things I would forget completely were I able.  They rise unbidden at inconvenient times.  They feed the nightmare mill and haunt my waking hours.  They try to inform my faith and I must fight it. 

The difficulty is the way in which our hearts try to process hard memories.  It connects to the baser aspects of our nature and tries to rewrite things for our pride and ego.  It attempts to tap into old anger we thought long dead.  I must not allow these things.  I need to walk through the process of erecting defenses against this assault.  I could use some company.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/4/18 02:54

    You have some company. Remember in bad situations God used them for some good there is always good in God to be found in negative things, especially even in memories. Use the good. And know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete