05 April 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Fish Feet


Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you, Dear Reader.

Recently I was sitting in an old theatre whilst my Daughter browsed jewelry at a in-theatre flea market.  Sitting in front of me was a three-year-old girl with her grandmother.  They were waiting for her dad.  She turned around backwards in her chair, held up a crisp, and looked me in the eye.

She spoke with great authority, “I am Violet.  I am three.  Fish DO have feet.  I am eating Dori’s toes!”

My first thought was that if this is true then it makes the entire premise of The Little Mermaid invalid.  Then I thought about how to explain that to Violet.   Before I could further pursue the exchange, my Daughter returned from her jewelry perusal.  I tried to explain the conversation to her but failed.   

I would have you ponder with me a bit Dear Reader.  This wee girl had the good sense to not only make a pun but to share it with me.  This is one of the reasons that I always listen to small children when they wish to speak to me.  They have so much to share that can enrich our world. 

It would be wonderful to have more time to do this.  I also find that they tolerate my puns much more willingly.  Now I just need to figure out the real Little Mermaid premise.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment