25 April 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Pickle Popsicles


Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you, Dear Reader.

As the weather begins to warm and the world turns toward the activities for keeping cool.  We indulge in cold drinks, watermelon, and ice cream.  The pool will open soon and people will transition from complaining about the cold to complaining about the heat.

In an attempt to prepare for sharing cool summer memories with my Grandsons I visited the freezer section of the grocer.  I perused the verities of ice-cream sandwiches, frozen fruit bars, and popsicles.   In the section of freezer pops was a box of Pickle-Ice frozen pickle flavored freezer pops.

My Grandsons love pickles.  I was tempted to buy these.  I think we will do a test run first.  I will acquire a couple of them and see how they are received.  Still it makes me ponder that change we have seen in the variety of foods. 

We still produce foods that have very little food in them.  Many of our snacks are factory products that are more suited to long shelf life than human consumption.  I am not on a soap box about this.  I am missing some of the things that have gone away.

Where have Space Food Sticks, Seven Up Bars, and Deviled Ham gone?  I had King Vitamin Cereal, Tang, and Carnation Breakfast Bars.  Dinner would be Swanson TV Dinners.  I suppose that we have always had strange food.

It puts me in mind that our differences in taste are infinitely diverse over time and taste.  Moon Pies are making a comeback.   So are Zots and Zero.  I will get back to you on the Pickle Popsicles. 

TV Dinners – ZZ Top

TV dinners there's nothin' else to eat
TV dinners they really can't be beat
I like 'em frozen but you understand
I throw 'em in and wave 'em and I'm a brand-new man oh yeah!

TV dinners they're goin' to my head
TV dinners my skin is turnin' red
Twenty year old turkey in a thirty year old tin
I can't wait until tomorrow.... and thaw one out again oh yeah!

TV dinners I'm feelin' kinda rough
TV dinners this one's kinda tough
I like the enchiladas and the teriyaki too
I even like the chicken if.... the sauce is not too blue.

And they're mine, all mine, oh yeah
And they sure are fine.
Gotta have 'em
Gimme somethin' now.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment