07 May 2018

Gratitude ~ 14 Years of Dependability


Greetings Dear Reader,

This week marks a change that is good but is also a loss.  For fourteen years I have spent my early morning time with a woman of quality.  No, I am not about to reveal a secret tryst or anything sordid.  My dear friend Christine Bellport is retiring from the morning news this week. 

Since she joined the Morning Show her combination of mirth and integrity have made my mornings richer and better informed.  She has a unique ability to balance true news, humor, and passion for her own causes.  Even though she is married to a State Senator she keeps things balanced in a remarkable manner.

Her Monday pet of the week reveals her compassion for all living things in a manner that is an example for us all.  So many dogs and cats have “forever homes” because of her dedication to this cause.  I am grateful for her love of all creatures.

Over the years Christine has shared so much of her life with us.  She has helped better understand our health through her honesty about hers.  The loss of her father helped us better understand grief and adjustment to it.  I am grateful for her trust building transparency.

I will miss her at Brat Fest this year.  Her engagement with those who came out to buy brats for Take your Brat to Work Day ranged from petting dogs to riding hogs (motorcycles).  She had a kind word for me every year.  I am grateful for the many ways she aided our community. 

The Morning Show will go on but it will never be the same after this week.  Christine has carried so much for all of us.  She has been there for us through grand times and shared grief.  She is a good friend and a person of quality.  I know I speak for many when I say she will be missed. 

As I write this the sun comes up earlier but it will not be as bright without the sunshine of her smile each day.  This Friday will be her final “Finally Friday”.  It is not wonder that the forecast is gloomy for us all.  We will suffer loss but she deserves to enjoy the mornings like the rest of us.  Blessings upon you as you begin your next adventure dear friend.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/5/18 05:40

    This is such a beautiful tribute to Christine.. it is obvious that her time on the news has touched many people's lives and that is beautiful in itself. She will be missed...

    ReplyDelete