23 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Differences

Greetings Dear Reader,

The idea of uniqueness seems to be fading in the world.  We rush to be the same in so many ways.  We clamor to fit in to what is popular or acceptable.  We are looking for acceptance by fitting in when inside we yearn to be accepted for our individuality.

I love that everyone is unique.  We may gather around our sameness but it is our diversity from all other humans that defines us.  It is that thing that makes us vital to the universe.  It is what I am grateful for in every human.

Since I believe that every person was uniquely designed by God it means that every life has significance to all life.  Every voice belongs in the chorus of the universe, the one-song.  Everyone has something to contribute and losing that contribution diminishes us all to some measure.

I realize that the analogy may seem trite but the story of Horton Hears a Who is important here.  It is not until everyone lends his or her voice to the noise that they can be heard.  The song of the universe cannot be right if we silence the differences in our fellow humans.

This does not mean that I think that all things said and done are acceptable or good.  It does mean that every life matters to me.  I am grateful for the things I learn from those who are different from me.  I celebrate that diversity in the universe.  I have great gratitude for you Dear Reader.  What differences do you love in the world?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from 

No comments:

Post a Comment