17 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Expressing Gratitude


Greetings Dear Reader,

This may at first sound circular.  I am grateful for the idea of gratitude.  When I mentioned this as a test idea to a friend she said that I was running out of things to say about gratitude.  In truth, yesterday was a day spent with Death and he reminded me that gratitude is vital to life.

I will write about my day with Death this evening but I want to seriously express my gratitude for gratitude.  It is something that energizes me.  When I feel genuinely grateful for something and express it properly it makes a huge difference.  Showing real gratitude has benefited me greatly over the years.

There are people who are my friends simply because I made it a point to show gratitude.  Genuine gratitude surprises people but it should not.  I once made it a point to go to someone who had worked late to get some data for me.  I thanked her for working so late when she was already tired.  She told me that it was the first time in sixteen years at her job that someone sought her out to personally express gratitude.

I am motivated to show gratitude.  I am happy that I have been taught to appreciate others and what they do.  The process of expressing gratitude is a gift to those who share it.  It is a source of joy for the truly grateful to bestow that gratitude on the deserving.  I need to express gratitude.  It makes the journey richer.  How about you Dear Reader; what does expressing gratitude do for you?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment