29 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Faith


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am not surprised when humans are unfaithful to each other.  I do not mean just infidelity in marriage.  I am talking about the way we break faith with others and  betray their trust.  I have been guilty of this and still see and feel the impact of breaking faith with others.

It wounds me deeply when someone breaks faith with me.  It touches a very base part of my nature and I struggle not to react and revenge.  I spend too much energy and time fighting off the suggestions and machinations of my old nature. 

Interestingly, the best weapon I have found against broken faith is my own faith.  I remind myself that I am not in control.  I remember that the Father has all things under his control and that he is always faithful.  I feel great gratitude that I get to live by faith.

I have written often about faith and will do so in the future.  Since part of this effort is to grow my own faith, I must exercise it often to keep it strong and healthy.  The truth of it is that faith is a sustaining gift.  It is a living power that can see us through anything we will allow.

I am grateful for faith and the way it guides and provides along the journey.  I would rather no the answers sometimes.  In the moment, however, when I use my faith to get through I am so thankful for it.  It intrigues me that the realization of faith often comes just after being faithful to it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment