04 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Learning


Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I was privileged to sit in a room filled with teachers the entire day.  The demographics alone were interesting.  There were easily eight different nationalities represented.  I heard at least five languages other than English.

The thing that triggered such gratitude in me was something much deeper.  I have spent most of my adult life as a teacher.  After writing it is my great passion.  It also seems that the path of my journey may be carrying me back to that for a time.

Learning is so important to understanding and living the journey.  As one who practices life-long learning deliberately, I am filled with joy when I am allowed to share that passion with others.  I spent a day learning with other professional learners.

It was thrilling to see the spark of the mind in each of them that draws us to seek and to know.  I was also keen to see how each person had something to contribute to enhancing the delivery of education.  I not only learned from our session leaders but from the others in the room.

I recalled teachers from my past who aided me as well.  It was delightful to remember those who mentored and influenced me to become the good things that I am.  I have been blessed with good teachers.  I wish honor them by being good at the craft; to pass along the blessings I have had by helping others learn.

I feel gratitude for all the ways in which I learn.  They are not always pleasant but the learning makes it worth it.  What learning experience have you had for which you are grateful Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/5/18 20:45

    I want to comment on your statement ((for all the ways in which I learn)) we have something to learn every day.. and we have to keep our eyes and hearts open for what God wants to show us and to learn from our experiences each day. I also am Grateful for all the ways in which I learn

    ReplyDelete