06 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Nurses


Greetings Dear Reader,

Today is National Nurses Day.  My gratitude for nurses is cemented in events where I was in pain.  In every instance where I needed extended medical care it was the nurses who provided that care.

I broke my leg badly when I was in high school and had to have surgery.  The pain was intense and a nurse, Mrs. McCann stayed after her shift to comfort me.  She stayed with me overnight to feed me ice chips, whisper kind words, and pray for me.  Her kindness and grace did much to teach me the heart of compassion.

My friend Jan works overnight caring for people with long term needs.  She has done this for years.  When we met that kindness and compassion was evident even before I knew she was a nurse.  She always shows this compassion in her life. 

Vanessa is a woman who chose nursing and had to fight for her right to be one.  She works long shifts caring for those with emergent needs.  Her amazing light and heart bring others back from the brink of death.  Who she is focuses on life and turning death into a fighting chance to live.

We all know someone who is a nurse.  Take the time to show her or him gratitude.  Make and effort to exemplify the appreciation that nurses deserve.  They carry the burdens of our pain and provide care for us all.  They move through the day from patient to patient often without thanks or appreciation.

I am grateful for nurses and all that they do for us.  I want the world to be more aware of their needs and the honor they deserve.  “And some have compassion, making a difference…”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment