21 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Work


Greetings Dear Reader,

So often I hear people complain about work.  I did not plan for this to be written on a Monday but here we are.  Even so, my news feed is filled with people posting about how much they hate, avoid, and eschew Monday. 

I realize that many people hate the jobs they work.  Having been out of a job for a year now I am grateful for work when I have it.  I would have it be true that everyone did the job he or she loved.  I think we should all pursue that.

I pursue writing being my sole source of income.  I work at it every day.  Since I am not there yet I have to do other things to sustain my earnings.  I am grateful for the other skills that I possess that allow me to work. 

With so many people in desperate need of income it is wrong for me to not be grateful for work.  It is wrong for me to not be willing to work.  Even when I had a steady job I did not complain about the job I had.  I understand the process of provision and to be grateful for what I have.

I hope that you have work that you love Dear Reader.  If you do not, I hope that you are chasing what you desire; working to get there.  Even when we are working to build our dreams we can be grateful for each step that takes us there.  They may not all be pleasant but they are stepping stones and hard work does provide reward.  What dream are you working toward Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment