20 June 2018

Say Something ~ Encouragement


Greetings Dear Reader,

Throughout my teaching life I have observed that when encouraged, students perform better.  We must correct and guide but we are privileged to encourage.  When others take the risk of learning from us in any situation encouragement is the fuel that powers effort. 

When we encourage others, we let them know that they are not alone.  We give them a place to stand whilst they try.  If you look, right there in the word is “courage”.  It takes courage to try new things, to learn, or to change for the good. 

I know good people who withhold encouragement on purpose.  They think that being a hard task master helps.  It can be good to be firm but even in that we can provide encouragement.  We are meant to build up each other.  We are designed to be fueled by the positive kindness of others.

I can run for a long time on a kind word.  When you encourage me I dig in and do more.  I have observed that others are like this as well.  We feel more than good when others encourage us.   There is motivation and hope in genuine encouragement.

It is vital that I encourage others whenever possible.  I try to do so genuinely on purpose every day.  I challenge you to do the same Dear Reader.  “I can live for two months on a good compliment.” —Mark Twain.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment