19 June 2018

Say Something ~ Facial Expressions


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all know that only a small percentage of our communication is what we see.  Body language, emotion, and facial expressions comprise most of our communication.  We may control our words but do we make sure the rest confirms them?

Instead, however, of dwelling on the negative, I want to think about how we can use our facial expressions to say something positive.  At a recent funeral, the man who has passed away was remember by many with a phrase similar to this; “He always had a smile and a kind word for you.”  It was not just his words but his face that communicated his kindness.

We need to be people whose eyes, mouth, and face communicate kindness.  One of the things that we fail to do is really engage with people in the moment.  When we make eye contact and allow good things to show on our faces we make a genuine difference.  As I have become more intentional about what my face says to others I can see that difference.

A friend recently said that when he saw me coming he felt better because he knew I would smile at him.  Since a facial expression can make such an impact we must monitor that impact.  We say things with our faces constantly.  We communicate our feelings without a word.  When we focus on kindness and love for others we can communicate it even when we say nothing. 

I must discipline my thoughts so that when they translate to my face there is no dichotomy.  It is required that I be kind to others.  Further, that kindness must be genuine.  If it is, then it will translate to my expressions.  It will be easier to communicate good things to others with integrity.  Never underestimate the power of a kind look.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment