17 June 2018

Say Something ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have always been fascinated by the hour glass.  I often use the metaphor of the hour glass to focus on the passage of time.   One of my reasons for this is that each grain of sand represents a moment to me.  As that grain passes through the pinch I see it passing through the present.  I think you get the idea.

There are moments; moments when we know what to say and who needs to hear it.  It often is true that we see that moment as it hits the pinch.  Instead, however, we sit silent as the moment passes.  We let it fall from the future, through the present, into the past without grasping the opportunity.

I have areas of my life where I, perhaps, should say things but I do not.  Moreover, I have often spoken when I should have remained silent.  Since there is balance required in all things, I clearly have had to learn it here. 

Over the next few days I will try to deepen my balance by thinking through when I should and should not speak.  I primarily need to deepen my understanding of when I should speak.  I need to deepen my ability to grasp the moment and say what needs to be said.

Please walk with me for a bit whilst we speak about speaking.  I want to learn how to better say things that encourage and enlighten.  I desire to follow Christ more closely by using words to build up others.  As always Dear Reader, your questions and comments are welcome.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment