12 June 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Two Birthdays in my Heart


Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you, Dear Reader.

Please remember that my second thoughts are not after-thoughts or lesser thoughts.  Today two streams of thought manage a conjunction that is precious to me in the river of time and thoughts that run beside my path.  Both center around birth.

My Grandfather would have turned 108 today.  He always referred to himself as “a June bug.”  In ten years he will have been gone as long as he was here.  I probably think of things like this more often than most.  What it brings me to is the significant good he did in the nine years that I knew him.  I would give so much so often to be able to speak to him. 

Today is also my friend, Samantha’s birthday.  She is much younger than 108.  Her impact on those around her, however, is eternal and timeless.  She has a heart that supports and cheers others at every turn.  She is passionate about creating good food for her friends.  When it comes to this she is genuinely an artist. 

When she became my friend, it was clearly a divine appointment.  She supports my writing and my vision whenever possible.  I am thankful for her friendship and ask you to join me in wishing her joy and peace on her advent anniversary.

We do not get enough time to celebrate each other properly.  I wanted to take a moment to be sure to do so for her.  Happy Birthday, Samantha.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment