25 June 2018

The Music Makes Me ~ Life’s Soundtrack


Greetings Dear Reader,

Often, I wish I could read minds.  Then I remember just how crazy I would seem to be if others could read my mind.  Since I should only do to others as I would have done to me, I must not learn to read minds.

Were you to read my mind, you would find that there is a soundtrack.  During almost every moment a song is playing in my head relative to what is occurring.  When I was having a conversation with a friend at breakfast we were discussing his trip to Alaska.  The songs North to Alaska, Cool Change, and Song of the Sea all floated through the background as I was listening.  I assure you that I was still listening.

In almost every situation this happens.  It is rarely distracting and I dampen it when it is.  I used to try to dampen it always.  I thought it was a problem.  Then I began to notice that the music provided insight into the conversation or situation.  It gave me a clue to emotions in the situations as I experience them.  I began to see the blessing in the oddity.

If I listen to the theme of the music playing in my head, I can better assess the situation and my feelings in it.  I can better see how to respond and interact with others.  It is good to use every tool available to me to become my best self.  If I am to follow Christ and serve others the music that makes me must be a part of the equation.  The soundtrack in my head cannot be the focus but it must be allowed to contribute. 

I wonder how music impacts you Dear Reader.  It is in all of us to some degree.  Please know that when we speak, the music is there to enhance not distract.  Even though I cannot read your mind, you are the part of the great song that matters.  It is true that life is a long song.   

Life is a Long Song – Jethro Tull

When you're falling awake
And you take stock of the new day
And you hear your voice croak
As you choke on what you need to say
Well, don't you fret, don't you fear
I will give you good cheer

Life's a long song
Life's a long song
Life's a long song
If you wait then your plate I will fill

As the verses unfold
and your soul suffers the long day
And the twelve o'clock gloom
Spins the room, you struggle on your way
Well, don't you sigh, don't you cry
Lick the dust from your eye

Life's a long song
Life's a long song
Life's a long song
We will meet in the sweet light of dawn

As the Baker Street train spills your pain
All over your new dress
And the symphony sounds
underground puts you under duress
Well, don't you squeal as the heel
Grinds you under the wheels

Life's a long song
Life's a long song
Life's a long song
But the tune ends too soon for us all

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment