24 June 2018

The Music Makes Me ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I wrote last evening in Second Thoughts, there are songs that define us.  Music touches us in so many ways.  Even when we do not wish it, music can get inside us to pry out feelings we do not wish to engage.

Music is important to me always.  During summer and at Christmas it is more important and more invasive.  I love the sound of good music in the car on those summer days when it is cool enough to have the windows down and the sun roof open.  It is the kind of thing where you sit in the car to finish the song or start it over when you get back in because the song is speaking to the moment.

I used to make summer CD’s for the family when we would have long road trips.  Those play lists bring back so many good memories with my children.  I still make one every summer although I do not get to share it as much as I would.  The music calls and I list and listen.

As we walk this path on the journey I am going to work through some of the ways that music reaches me.  Since it does so with or without my leave, I would like to identify and enhance the benefits.  I want to get the most I can out of this intrusive beautiful force. 

In visiting this I hope to harness the power of music to more deeply propel me onward.  Since it is there, I wish to suck the marrow out of it for the fuel required to push me closer to Christ and following him well.  Your input and companionship is vital to me Dear Reader.  And now, a song from my favorite Piper.

My God – Jethro Tull

People, what have you done?
Locked him in his golden cage, golden cage
Made him bend to your religion
Him resurrected from the grave, from the grave

He is the God of nothing
If that's all that you can see
You are the God of everything
He's inside you and me

So, lean upon him gently
And don't call on him to save you
From your social graces
And the sins you used to waive, you used to waive

From the bloody church of England
In chains of history
Requests your earthly presence
At the vicarage for tea

And the graven image you know who
With his plastic crucifix, he's got him fixed
Confuses me as to who and where and why?
As to how he gets his kicks, he gets his kicks

Confessing to the endless sin
The endless whining sounds
You'll be praying till next Thursday
To all the gods that you can count

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment