04 July 2018

Summer Celebrations ~ Fireworks


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have been privileged to see fireworks in some amazing places.  As a boy I got to see them at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium after a Braves game.  I have seen them on Stone Mountain with a laser light show.  If you can, you must see the ones and Disney World on the water. 

It was amazing to watch my Sons and Grandsons see their first fireworks.  The line between awe and terror is very thin for wee lads.  The light show is amazing to me.  Every experience is unique.  The anticipation and then the climbing lights build until the finale.  It is a beautiful symphony of sound and color. 

We are in a place in our history where we have forgotten how to set aside our differences long enough to celebrate that we are allowed to express them.  There are real and urgent problems but in exercising our civil liberties we have abandoned being civil and allowing others liberty.  We have forgotten how work together to form a more perfect union.  Our anger at injustices, real and perceived overrides our common sense and decency. 

Perhaps we all need to watch the School House Rock videos again and recall the basics of our history.  I will treasure my freedom tonight as I watch fireworks with my family.   The privilege is not lost on me.  I will pray for those in need.  I will ask the Father to guide our leaders and give them his wisdom not their own.

I am thankful for the summer tradition of fireworks.  How about you Dear Reader?  Here is a link to the video I mentioned. Enjoy it as “We turn the sky into a birthday cake.”

Fireworks – School House Rock

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment