13 July 2018

Won’t You be My Neighbor ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all have neighbors.  We all choose what kind of neighbor we will be to each other.  We make choices based on our own thoughts and values.  My neighbors are diverse in almost every way I can ponder.  Getting to know them is a blessing.

Whether we think of neighbors on the local, social, or national scale the obligation is for us to be good.  It is required that we treat each neighbor well.  We can be good neighbors if we choose.  Instead we seem to wait for others to make the first move.  My neighbors and I get along because we talked to each other.  I met their children.  We talked enough about our lives to know each other a little.

It is easy to be a good neighbor if we try.  I have to be aware enough to see when others need someone to be neighborly.  I need to be intentional in my attempts to be good to others.  I must put the needs of others as a priority in my life.

The command to love my neighbor is not conditional.  It is one of the two basic commands that are foundational to all law.  I cannot love God properly if I do not love my neighbor.  In a world where darkness seems to gather more quickly and deeply every day, perhaps the finest light is to love one’s neighbor.  Perhaps if others know in advance that I will love them, they will be more inclined to say yes to the question “please won’t you be my neighbor?”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment