07 July 2018

Won’t You be My Neighbor ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

With the premiere of the Fred Rogers documentary, “Won’t You be My Neighbor?” this week, I have been thinking about the impact of his ideas on our world.  There is also the idea of neighbors and how we treat each other.  I have written about this before from a standpoint of definition and inclusion. 

What I intend for this series of thoughts is to clarify my own vision of “neighbor” and extend invitations.  The idea of how we treat each other matters so deeply.  In a world where we divide over politics at the expense of human lives we truly are missing the point.

We live in a world of neighbors.  From those across the hall or street to those across the world, we cannot hope to prosper if we do not treat each other better.  This means everyone.  We all find some group or social issue over which we choose to be poor neighbors.  If you think for a moment you are not included in this you are deceived.  We are all crooked sticks.  We all choose someone to disavow as our neighbor.  I know that I do this even when I wish not to do so.

I want to be accountable to my obligation to ask everyone to be my neighbor.  I want to do so clearly with intent and out of love.  I will see the movie about Fred Rogers out of respect for the man.  I will think deeply about the idea of neighbor and how I can be better at it.  You, Dear Reader are one of my fondest neighbors.  I hope you will share your thoughts and questions with me as we walk together. 


It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please, won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment