30 August 2018

All Those Who Wander ~ The Traveler’s Psalm


Greetings Dear Reader,

Psa 121:1-7 A song of ascent. I look up toward the mountains. Where can I find help?   My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let you fall. Your guardian will not fall asleep.  Indeed, the Guardian of Israel never rests or sleeps.  The LORD is your guardian. The LORD is the shade over your right hand.  The sun will not beat down on you during the day, nor will the moon at night.  The LORD guards you from every evil. He guards your life.  The LORD guards you as you come and go, now and forever.

Travel was much harder back then.  One had to take real risk to journey even to the next town or village.  It has only been in the last one hundred or so years where moving from one place to another was quick and easy.  Even so, there have always been wanderers, nomads, and vagabonds. 

The temptation is to fade like a Cheshire Cat.  The lure is to be unknown and a little mysterious.  There are, however, things to which I must attend.  I may be done with roots and permanence but I am not done with people.  I have accounts to settle where I am the debtor.  I have fences to mend and walls to tear down.

I cannot do this without a fellow traveler who is much better than I am.  As I follow Christ I falter.  Then he helps me stand.  He teaches me where the footfalls are and how to avoid them.  I fail and fall but when I remember to look up I find the help I need. 

This part of the journey starts with returning to the source in every way.  I feel pain and fear but I am not traveling alone.  I can seek out those wronged and redress the wrongs.  I can perhaps give them a measure of comfort or peace.  I know that it will create more space in my own heart and mind for what is good and right.

I have felt things that I have not felt since I was very young in my faith.  Perhaps there is more hope than I feel.  Perhaps the Father has more for this weary traveler than I have considered. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment