13 August 2018

Negating Needs ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently a in a conversation with someone I care for deeply the subject of my needs came into the discussion.  I have been thinking about my needs in the quiet dark for some weeks since that conversation.  I feel that an inventory of needs must start with differentiating between what I want and what I need.

We have genuine needs.  I believe also that we turn unmet wants into needs.  We also create needs through choices we make that are unhealthy.  In defining what my genuine needs are I can further find ways to stay away from indulging wants as needs.

There is another aspect of this into which I will venture later in the journey.  This part of the journey is daunting.  I will face things that I see as needs and will have to discard as well.  There are things that I have viewed as needs that are more honestly deeply felt wants.  Some of them spring from genuine needs but they may not be the best path to getting those needs met.

Your company and prayers would be welcome as I spend part of the dog days in this crucible of refinement.  If I can excise the false needs and pursue the genuine ones in a healthy way it will make me a better man. 

I suppose like shedding actual weight it may also make the journey home an easier exercise in the time remaining.  I realize more each day how much I long for home.  I currently do not have a home but I journey toward one that will meet all my needs and more.  Walk with me Dear Reader.  Your company is a genuine need.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment