04 August 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Rounding Third


Greetings Dear Reader,

As August begins my mind always turns to baseball.  The All-Star break is over and the rush to the fall classic is in full sprint.  I daily measure the chances of my beloved Braves winning the division.  As of today, they are tied with the Phillies for first.  They have been at the top of the division all summer.

Thinking about this time of the season brings to mind the way in which I measure other passages of the year.  Summer is waning.  School begins in a month.  Pool time has an expiration date.  There will only be a few more days to enjoy the water and the sun. 

As this time wanes each year I look forward to the autumn and the changes that come with it.  I find beauty in the seasons.  I like living where all four of them exist distinctly.  Those complaining about the humidity and heat today will be complaining about the cold and snow in January.

I must move forward with the seasons.  I cannot chase summer around the world or live where the seasons do not matter.  I need to see my life reflected in the seasons and understand the cyclical lessons that they teach.  In finding the truth of the seasons I understand the need to carry on. 

That is what keeps my faith where it should be; focused on the rolling days ahead.  The seasons will not wait for me and I must follow them.  My life will whether I wish it or not.  As the summer rounds third and heads toward autumn so does my life.  I can feel that I am past the summer of my journey.  I hope I have many miles to go but I had best have a light jacket handy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment