05 August 2018

Surprised by Pain ~ Closing


Greetings Dear Reader,

It is going to happen.  At some point you will be surprised by pain.  What comes next is what matters.  When pain resurfaces from wounds that are old we must choose how we will react.

I must inventory my mind and heart.  The first is to acknowledge the pain.  Then I must work through my anger, guilt, shame, and journey.  I have to process the pain.  If I just sweep it back under my spirit it will only fester and return more virulent.

These pains are real.  I feel the loss of my Daughter, Rachel far more often than anyone knows.  I feel the absence of my sister and wonder what she would be like so often.  The pain of loss is unique.  I have to remember that it is not wrong to feel it. 

Once I am honest about the pain I must remember to inventory my attitude towards the past, those involved, and what I need to do to keep moving forward.  I must lay down the baggage of any resentment or bitterness.  I must not carry anger and hurt with me.   Others will wrong me.  I will fail and do wrong to others. 

Only by focusing doing what is good and loving can I combat the past pain that wishes to own me.  I cannot follow Christ without being real about the things that cause me pain.  In that, I must also see that there can be peace in my pain if I will keep following.  The only way out is through.  Your company on the journey always helps.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment