22 August 2018

What is a Christian? ~ Trust


Greetings Dear Reader,

From a cognitive perspective, I think that this is one of the things we get wrong.  Humans connect trust to emotion when it is really connected to knowledge and understanding.  It is the cognitive partner of faith.

People will violate our trust.  We either stop trusting or we continue in the knowledge that it will be violated again.   We get wounded when those we love violate our trust.  We put things at risk including our heart when we extend trust to others.  It is one of the areas where I take the most damage when it is violated.

If I hope to follow Christ and be seen as a Christ follower, I must put into place a way to weather the wounds of violated trust.   The problem comes when I put my trust in the wrong place.  When I am wounded by humans violating my trust I can only continue to do right if my trust is in Christ.  Jesus will not violate my trust.

Even when those I love the most violate all the things they say are true and trustworthy I must use my trust in Christ to keep from doing wrong.  I must use the knowledge that he has all things in his hands to continue to love those involved.  This is what a Christian is.  They continue to love and strive to do right even when maligned and belittled by others. 

If I do not trust Christ to have all things in his hands then I will not endure the damage done to me by others who violate my trust.  Trust in Christ, used as the solid ground on which to stand in love is the place to be.  It is the only place that works.  Sometimes it is lonely there. 

It is, however, the place where I can find the strength to keep following, refrain from anger, continue to love, and refuse to avenge.  Trust in Christ is a place to focus the mind so that the emotions can be managed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment