12 September 2018

Journey Me ~ Humble Men Seeking


Greetings Dear Reader,

There was a time some time ago.  It was too brief and beautiful to last.  There was a summer when my oldest Son lived with me where we would go together to an early morning prayer time once a week.

At first, we both found it perfunctory as it focused on a list and guided prayer.  Then the leader went away for the summer.  The person facilitating suggested that we have no agenda.  He suggested that we simply pray as our hearts directed.

Over the next twelve weeks that is what we did.  Men who were there to commune with the Father, prayed.   I heard my Son ask the Father about things that mattered.  I heard men become open with God and each other about their struggles and faith.  As I said it was brief and beautiful.

I think that there is too little time devoted by the people of God to simply praying together.  We are supposed to be praying people.  It is one of the ways in which we are directed to seek the Father.  It helps us to have greater faith and humility.  Both of which I am in dire need of acquiring.

As I seek that the Father journey me along home, I seek more time in prayer alone and with others.  The attempt is to shed the time of anything but honest adoration, confession, gratitude, and supplication.  I try to look deep within myself to unlock everything that hinders my prayer. 

This path reveals so much.  It shows me what errors I must redress and where my heart truly sits on many matters.  The time reminds me just how much I long for real conversation with Christ about all the things that burden me.  Please pray for me Dear Reader.  There was time when real men really prayed and it was beautiful.  It can always be so if we wish it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment